Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First and foremost, welcome to the world to little Madelyn, who was born yesterday to my brotherinlaw and sisterinlaw. I can't wait to meet you!

And now to Artful Seniors on Fire Spotlight #2:

ATouchofGlass This artist describes her studio, "Hi. I mostly make stained glass designs for commissioned work although I make a few pieces for sale. If you have a pattern you like, one you've seen or would like one similar to one of my finished designs, I will be happy to make it for you.
Thanks for looking, Carol"















































bydorothylouise: the artist describes her studio: "Many many moons ago I started out making inexpensive jewelery, at first aimed at little girls to fill out my table at the Farmers Markets and Craft Sales where I took my ceramics...... You know... just to have some affordable pieces to cover costs. The first grown-up jewelery had ceramic feature pieces: then because the lustre of pearls enhanced the lustre finishes on the ceramics, I added faux pearls. So I then had extra pearls to which I added shells and Mother of Pearl beads and pieces.. ......see................. the snow-ball effect. Meanwhile I had developed an interest in gemstones and their meanings and ancient attributes.

I had mostly put aside jewelery-making to concentrate on the flower-growing and herb- gathering, but age and injury caught up and I am no longer able to gambol on the hills and through the woods.

Sietse, perhaps to ease flak he was getting because of my frustration, encouraged me to get back into it. After all I do not have to be able to walk to make jewelery...... Now as well as the gemstones I have developed a love for Swarovski crystals and lampwork glass beads........

Sietse decided to try his hand at carving horn, so many of my pieces are really a joint effort as he cuts and polishes the antler pieces and polishes the teeth, fang and claw used in our specialty Totem Jewelery.

We hope you enjoy our creations."

This is one of her vintage offerings:























And this is one of her ceramic offerings:
























I hope you enjoy visiting these studios.

2 comments: