Monday, April 27, 2009

West Coast Crafters #4

Remember to take a ride on the Crazy Train: Today features BijouxDesigns and some beautiful items. Tell me which is your favorite on my blog and you may win a Swarovski Crystal earring pair or silver plated bracelet. The ArtFire Jewelry Design and Jewelry Supply Guild is hosting a Spring Cleaning treasure hunt which began on the the 17th.

Here is a link to our West Coast Crafters guild roster.

The next two studios on our roster are: Dragonsglass and EmilyGraceSuitcase.

Dragonsglass doesn't tell us much about herself or her studio. She does reveal that she is a stay at home mom of several fur babies.

Here are two items from her studio:
































~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


EmilyGraceSuitcase says, "This summer, some friends of mine will be riding their bikes across the US (from Florida to California) to raise awareness about what's going on in the Congo through an organization called Falling Whistles. During the month of April, 50% of all online sales will be donated toward making this trip a reality. Check out their blog at http://www.fallingwhistlesbiketour.com/
_______________________

























Three experiments in more responsible production:

UNCHAINED- Jewelry made from fairtrade and ethically traded beads.

SALVAGE- Quirky jewelry and accessories made from recycled plastic grocery bags.

ATTIC- Jewelry and accessories reinvented mostly from vintage or broken jewelry.


WEBSITE: www.emilygracesuitcase.com"




























"I am an artist and designer living in San Diego, California. While my first love is traveling and interacting with people around the world, I've always enjoyed creating new things. This is a way for me to combine those two interests, and fund my part-time job lifestyle so that I can continue to volunteer in my community. Please visit my website at emilygracesuitcase.com to find more information about my jewelry."

So let's explore the studios of our guild members of the guild by visiting their shop and letting them know what's best about it.

Remember to note here what you found the most extraordinary so that you might win the earrings or bracelet (gentlemen, I have one for you as well....no earrings though. I haven't bought stud findings yet.).

I hope you enjoy today. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment