Saturday, April 4, 2009

New Artful Seniors on Fire Members

These are the new members since I posted the roster:

03/29/2009 - AnnMadeStuff
03/27/2009 - LindaLewis
03/19/2009 - SassyClayCreations
03/19/2009 - UniqueEmbroideries
03/19/2009 - curlycurvywire
03/17/2009 - AdornmentsbyBJ

We'll visit them here in order of joining the Guild:

AdornmentsbyBJ is a new Guild member, but not new to the hand made world. Her slogan is "Artisan Jewelry to fit your style" and she has crystal, gemstone, and natural products components in her jewelry and yes, a wide range of style.

Here is an item for the bride:





























Of the studio she says, "Unique Artisan Jewelry Sets to Reflect Your Originality, Style and Personality. All one of a kind, quality handcrafted necklace and earrings sets."

And here is a silky necklace:






























Of herself she says, "I am a wife, mother of three daughters and grandmother to three granddaughters and three grandsons. Besides designing and creating artisan jewelry, I enjoy playing the piano, gardening, and playing frisbee with my Jack Russell, Eddie.

Creativity in jewelry involves passion for the art. When an artist puts passion into their creativity, it often leads to striking results! Come browse and see for yourself!

My shop contains a diverse collection of handcrafted, unique, quality jewelry sets (necklaces and earrings) to adorn even those with the most discriminating tastes. Consider visiting my shop and browsing through the photos and descriptions of my creative style. I will custom make a design and create a one-of-a-kind piece for you.

My collection contains jewelry, all quality made with the finest of materials, to fit any budget, style, or special occasion whether it be casual or formal or somewhere in-between. Adornments to reflect your persona.

Materials of choice include semi-precious Gemstones, Pearls, Swarovski crystals, Wood, Shells, Sterling Silver, and a recent addition: silk or braided cord for Chinese knotting. I also love discovering vintage jewelry to use in my creations.

Memberships include S.R.A.J.D. (Self-Representing Artist Jewelry Designer #0517), I often post photos of my jewelry on Tribe.net, MySpace.com, Flickr.com, as well as Indiepublic and many other sites as well."

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I've seen CurlyCurvyWire in the forums and I want every single thing in his shop! I don't often wear anything but my engagement and wedding rings (the engagement ring is an amethyst that goes on my right hand), but I would definitely love to wear these!

Of his shop he says, "Thanks for stopping by my shop, I am very grateful. Your interest in my products is very much appreciated. Curly Curvy Wire creations are individually crafted in my home studio (smoke and pet free) with special attention to quality of construction and visual beauty.

See something you like, but it's not your size? Please contact me! With a few exceptions, most rings can be made to order in your size. Enjoy your time here browsing!

My Blog is: http://ireffacs.blogspot.com/"

This ring is enamel coated to fend off any allergy or green stain:
























And of himself, "The use of rings for adornment may be traced as far back as history itself takes us. Besides the actual beauty of a ring, it often was a sign of authority. Rings are also commonly associated with love, marriage and friendship simply because of the symbolism attached to the never-ending circle.

This ancient custom of wearing wire wrapped rings is once again in vogue today, and Curly Curvy Wire is a source for a variety of classic as well as uniquely designed pieces. Rings are for wearing, giving, cherishing and enjoying, and it seems one can never have too many.

As a genuine southpaw (left-handed) I fall into the 10 or 12 percent of the population that are afflicted with this trait. I say afflicted because it goes without saying that most if not all the instruments and gadgets we operate with our fingers and hands, are developed with the premise they will be used in the right hand. However, I’ve heard it said that lefties tend to be more artistic, than perhaps their counterparts. Truth or myth, I’m not sure, but it does seem that most all my hobbies are slanted toward the artsy crafty type of things.

It seems I’ve always been interested in pursuing hobbies where my eye for the artistic could show through; painting, drawing, sign engraving, photography - and crafting rings is no different.

There is a lot of satisfaction in creating something of beauty from a length of straight wire, and ring making affords me ample opportunities for creative design. As you can tell by the items in my shop, I especially like working with copper. Copper was known to prehistoric people and was probably the first metal from which useful articles were made. Copper objects have been found among the remains of many ancient civilizations, including those of Egypt, Asia Minor, China, southeastern Europe, Cyprus (from which the word copper is derived), and Crete. Copper has long been used in the fabrication of many jewelry items, not just rings.

As a senior, and retired, I seek to remain active both physically and mentally. Quality ring design and fabrication is both stimulating and very rewarding.

A long time ago an old friend of mine once told me; 'A thing of beauty is a joy forever...' Certainly, that is still a true statement even today."


























Two very talented additions to our guild. It seems as we get older, we DO get better!

I hope you enjoyed this visit with our new guild members and will visit their shops to see what else they have in store for you. Have fun today!

And don't forget to take a ride on the Crazy Train!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot, for your kind words and the Shop Review! Appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cyprus wedding photography: - avok.eu was created to provide an extraordinary high quality of multi-discipline photography and graphic design. Covering all aspects of photography, including commercial, fashion, newborn, wedding, christening

    ReplyDelete