Tuesday, May 26, 2009

West Coast Crafters #9

Number 9...number 9....number 9... Ok, sorry. I'm a long-time Beatles fan.

Happy Sneakers Tuesday, folks! My husband and I had a great holiday with his mother, brother and wife and girls, and family friends. We were out of town, and it was great to see the clear sky stars and gorgeous lake in the mountain valley. We saw brother-in-law's family cabin, which is new and ready for rental over the summer. I'm glad it wasn't rented while we were there so we could play with the babies!...um, I mean, see Mom-in-law, Brother-in-law, Sister-in-law, and friends. I hope your holiday wasn't spent in grief but in celebration of the freedom the sacrifices of our military have bought.

Don't forget to visit the
Crazy Train, featuring Angelas_Adornments. Angela has played with the new studio options that ArtFire has provided us and I think you will agree they are awesome!

Today's West Coast Crafters are:
QuirkynBerkeley Greeting cards
Sewstitchedup embroidery designs on fabric squares, (SewStitchedUp appears to be on vacation, so we will visit with her later)
TantalizingStitches Craft supply


Here is a link to our West Coast Crafters guild
roster.






















As a San Francisco Bay Area resident, I'm a little amused that anyone in Berkeley need identify oneself as quirky but I can tell you that if you browse this studio you will find many fun and simply beautiful items. Quirky does greeting cards, and the teeny tiny envelopes are clearly quirky, but cute, and the great day card pictured is clearly beautiful, so you need not be eccentric to visit this studio.





















The artisan says, "Love paper. Love color. Love Berkeley.

"Beyond that, my style is eclectic and I love to experiment. I get completely absorbed in engineering my varied creations for hours. Each one is a new and unique production, made of treasures from my collection of paper and ephemera, transfigured into a single piece held together by a little glue, a lot of ideas, practice and work, and most of all, a great amount of joy. Everything is made in a smoke free environment."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TantalizingStitches is a neighbor: we live in the same town.




















The artisan's bio reads, "I opened up my supply shop after my craft room became overwhelmed with supplies! So now, you too, can enjoy my excess craft room supplies. (All items are new and have never been used!)


























"I am a avid supporter of animals and for that reason I send 5% of all sales to PAWS-Saipan, an animal welfare organization on Saipan, an island in the Northern Mariana Islands of Micronesia, where I lived for two years. I started selling my craft when I lived there so it was only fit to dedicate part of my store to those wonderful animals."

Two great artisans who are practically neighbors!

Don't forget to visit their studios and leave messages for them as comments on this blog. Each month a random commenter receives a free pair of earrings or sterling plated bracelet (their choice).

I'm also going to go out on a limb and offer the pick of any AlisunsToo item or Alisuns item under $25 and under to the first person to reply to this blog with the basic grammatical error (excluding punctuation) in my latest HandMade News column in the Green Wise section. Here is a link.

Enjoy your Sneakers' Tuesday and be sure to visit the .ning site or the ArtFire Forum to discover the identity of this week's unsub!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my store! I found your blog by searching for ts and am now following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete