Tuesday, May 5, 2009

West Coast Crafters #6

Happy Sneaker Tuesday, everyone! Today's unsub is Pelecypods2
Don't forget to visit the
Crazy Train, featuring JewelrybyJanzia today.

Today's West Coast Crafters are:

LaBellaVive jewelry, scarflets
LampworkbyAmy Lampwork glass pendants and bookmarks

Here is a link to our West Coast Crafters guild
roster.

One of these studios is new to me, so let's go explore LaBellaVive first:


The studio intro is, "~FREE Shipping!!~

Thank you so much for stopping by my Artfire Shop!
I'm posting new items and will post more - please check back often.
~~~
LaBellaVive is handmade - mostly jewelry.

































There is beauty everywhere and all my pieces are about trying to capture some that.

I hope you find something of interest and Thank You so much for your support!

As revenues begin to pick up I will be donating a portion of the profits to an Auto-Immune (research) foundation."
































The bio states, "I've been making and designing jewelry for about 10 years now. I've just started putting my newest pieces up for sale and look forward to this new venture.

I see beauty everywhere and hope to capture this inspriation in the pieces I make. ~ A great feature here on ArtFire is the allowance to tell the story behind the art work.
Each and every set is unique with its own personality and style. What will it say for you?

Thank you for your interest!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LampworkbyAmy says: " am a lampwork artist from Victoria, BC. I make glass beads and other glass creations out of art glass (mostly Italian), on a special table top torch. I do all of my work by hand. Each bead is kiln-annealed in a digitally controlled kiln straight out of the torch (I don't batch anneal), carefully cleaned, and inspected for flaws.
































"I take my photos in a light-box with a digital camera. I don't have a professional photo set-up, but I do my best to make the colours look accurate, and to show the beads as well as I possibly can.
































"I am a self-representing artist. This means that my beads are always hand-made by me.

Why buy from a self-representing artist? Here is a blurb from the SRA Website:

'We are a group of glass artists who are dedicated to the art of lampworking, an ancient art form that flourished in Italy in the 1300s and then spread throughout Europe, the Americas and the rest of the world.

'We work at home in our own studios, making beads, marbles or other glass objects one at a time. Patiently and carefully we strive for perfection in every object that we make. We are from the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Israel, Germany... all over the world!'

Beadmaking is a treasured hobby in my life. It is a source of relaxation as well as artistic expression. "



I hope you enjoy strolling through their shops today. Stop back here and drop a comment for them and you will be entered into my random May Giveaway: a set of earrings or custom-length bracelet.

Have fun today!

No comments:

Post a Comment